Slurry pipeline – a pipeline, used to transport slurry (a mixture of water and soil or rock, obtained by excavating and mining hydraulically) with hydraulic dredger equipment to the point of discharge.
Floating slurry pipeline. Its purpose is to connect the working dredge to the shore slurry pipeline. The slurry pipeline allows operating maneuvers; it is the supporting structure for securing the supply and control cables, moving the staff to the dredge ship or ashore. The installation of floating slurry pipelines is made on special floats,the number of which depends on the length of the pipeline.
|Sink load |
(Recommended load), kg
|Length, mm||Weight, kg||Mount|
|Pipeline Float 110 – 140||140||500||90 (60)||600||10||Belt|
|Pipeline Float 150 – 160||160||500||90 (60)||600||10||Belt|
|Pipeline Float 160 – 220||220||500||170 (115)||1200||14||Belt|
|Pipeline Float 220 – 280||280||600||250 (175)||1200||24||Belt|
|Pipeline Float 300 – 400||400||940||610 (410)||1200||33||Belt|
|Pipeline Float 420 – 650||650||1200||986 (658)||1280||70||Belt|
* Only bigger part is filled with Polysterene, but Float 420-650 has both parts filled.
We produce polyethylene floats to maintain the slurry pipeline on water. It is also possible to use our floats as floating bearing elements for any purpose. Operating temperature is from -40°C to + 60°C, UV resistant.
Along the floating slurry pipeline a gangway for the staff and high voltage cables for charging an electric dredger are usually laid.
Unique design, accepting any pipe from Ø100 mm to Ø650 mm
It is possible due to top part of float adjusts to the tube height and pushes the pipe tightly to the lower part of float:
Therefore our range of floats for slurry pipeline can accept any tube with diameters 140-650 mm.
Why choose our floats:
- Filled with EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) 25
- Module maintains it`s shape and is resistant to mechanical deformations
- Compared to air-filled modules, our module retains floatation properties in case of hole
- Fast to mount
- Operational temperature from – 60°C to + 60°C
- Environmental friendly
Pontoons for Heavy pipes
When Pipeline is too heavy to be held using conventional floats, we offer a Modular Pontoon 1500 as a floating base.
This solution is most popular for:
- Steel pipes
- Pipes that require gangway alongside
- Long life, as PE is not susceptible to corrosion
- Cheaper compared to solutions on steel pontoons
- Max. load capacity is 800 kg/m
- Product shipped as separate Modular Pontoon 1500 (3×1.5m). Fast assembly at installation place by strengthening chains Video.
Order custom float (i.e. floats with inner diameters >650mm)
We are full-cycle rotomolding producers. This means that our supply chain has stages such as (computer 3d model design, development of prototype, mass production and quality control).
Today we are interested in extending our range of floats. We welcome our customers to ask for custom products and promise to offer reasonable price-quality-time ratios.
It is possible to order the design and manufacture of floats for all pipeline diametres based on both sketches or drawings of the client, and without them.